Finding simple healthy snack recipes can be a bit of a challenge, especially when your oven breaks and you can’t make banana bread anymore. (Banana bread it’s been so long!) One recipe that I have found myself gravitating towards a lot this past month is my Poached Pears with Cinnamon. These have been a favorite of mine since forever, and not only are they super healthy but they’re delicious as well. I find the mix of the Bosc pears and cinnamon make them the perfect sweet treat. But don’t take my word for it, try them out yourself. You won’t be sorry!
You can find the video version of this recipe HERE!
- Bosc Pears (the number of pears is up to you)
- Blueberries (Optional)
- Start by washing all the pears you’ll be using
- Slice all the pears into halves, and then place them into a bowl
- Grab a pot and place 3 cups of water to boil
- Once the water has boiled, grab the pears and carefully place them into the pot
- Cook for around 30 minutes or until the pears have gone soft, just be careful not to overcook them
- With a spoon scoop out the pears and place them onto a plate to serve
- To add some more sweetness to the pears, grab your cinnamon and sprinkle it on top of the pears. (You can put as much or as little as you like)
- THIS IS OPTIONAL: To finish of the plate grab some blueberries and style them around the pears
Such a simple snack but one that is mouthwatering delicious. Let me know if you try them out! ❤
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HEALTHY SNACK?
xo Mirjana Valentin