Butter London has always been a brand I have mainly associated with nail polishes. I’ve really only known them from that. So you can imagine my surprise when a couple months ago I stumbled upon their makeup range.
I kid you not I did a little happy dance right there in the makeup aisle. I was so excited! Thankfully they had a few products left that I liked, the rest was completely gone, so I ended up picking up a eye pencil, eye shadow and some lip products. There was one more eye shadow I wanted to get which was in a sort of golden brown shade but unfortunately only the sample was left. But it doesn’t matter I’m still really happy with the products I got and I’m so excited to share with you my experience with using them.
I’ve also done a video version of this review, which I’ll add here, for those of you who prefer listening over reading.
BUTTER LONDON EARL GREY EYE PENCIL
This eye pencil has very quickly become one of my favorites. It’s so different and unique from any other eye pencil I own and the quality is top notch.
- Wide selection of colors to choose from
- The Earl Grey shade is sort of two toned in a way, – it goes from a dark grey to a metallic grey in different lighting
- Very high quality
- Pigmentation of the color is amazing
- Doesn’t easily smudge
- Long lasting, no touch ups needed
- Comes in a solid creamy texture, which makes it very easily bendable
- None I could find
The price of this Eye Pencil comes to $18 dollars which is the same original price as the one I own.
BUTTER LONDON CREAM EYE SHADOW
This eye shadow is stunning. I love the color, it’s so beautiful and a great basic to have. This particular eye shadow has unfortunately been discontinued but I did find a dupe of it with the Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss in the shade Frosted.
- Amazing pigmentation, the color is a beautiful rose gold pink
- Brush that comes with the eye shadow is great, very small and dainty – makes applying the eye shadow really smooth and easy
- Comes in a creamy consistency and has a wet feel when you first apply it
- Lasts a good couple of hours – 5-6 max until it needs to be reapplied
- None that I could find
The price of the Glazen Eye Gloss comes to $24 dollars which is a little pricer then what mine was. The eye shadow I have was around $19 dollars originally, so the price has gone up by $5.
BUTTER LONDON LIPPY LIP GLOSS
This lip gloss has the most stunning color to it and the scent is delicious. This is also another product that’s been discontinued however I did find a dupe of it with the Plush Rush Lip Gloss in the shade In Love.
- The color is really gorgeous and very vibrant, and looks amazing in photos
- Has a lovely fruity scent to it
- The brush that comes with it is really good – it’s small and makes applying the lip gloss really easy
- The formula is really sticky and isn’t the most comfortable to wear, especially in windy places
The price of the Plush Rush Lip Gloss comes to $20 which is the same original price as the one I purchased.
BUTTER LONDON MATTE LIP STICK
This is a really great high quality lipstick, if only I got it in a shade that looks good on me. This lipstick has since been repackaged and from what I’ve seen this exact shade isn’t available yet.
- Very moisturizing
- The color is stunning and so bright
- The packaging looks amazing, a really simple and classic design
- It doesn’t tend to cling to dry spots
- It’s really high quality
- The color stays on a really long time, however you do have to reapply after eating
- When you apply it it appears as a neon shade on your lips (it’s very different from what I expected, and doesn’t really suit me)
- The holder of the lip stick can get quite messy, so you do have to clean it of with a tissue every once in a while
The price of the Plush Rush Satin Matte Lipstick comes to $22 dollars which is the same original price as the one I have.
BUTTER LONDON LIP BALM
This is probably one of the best inexpensive basic nude lipsticks you can find at the moment. This lip balm has unfortunately also been discontinued but I’ve found a dupe of it with the Butter London Plush Rush Lipstick in the shade Free
- A beautiful nude, neutral shade, which I think will flatter a lot of different skin-tones
- The color stays on a good couple of hours, however you do have to re apply after eating
- It’s really moisturizing
- The packaging is really pretty, a very classic design
- None that I could find
The price of the Plush Rush Lipstick comes to $22 dollars which is the same original price as the one I own.
*This is not a sponsored post. I was not asked or gifted these products to review. I purchased these products with my own money and these are 100% my own opinions.
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ANY MAKEUP PRODUCTS FROM BUTTER LONDON?
xo Mirjana Valentin